Sydney | Permanent / Full Time
Load & deliver construction supplies throughout Sydney metro area. Full-time 7am-3pm, OT available. HC & Forklift licence are essential.
Our client is a leading building and construction company within the Parramatta Western Sydney region. They are currently seeking a HC Driver/ Forklift Operator for their logistics department.
As the HC Driver and Forklift Operator, you will be responsible for undertaking day to day duties within the production yard. Reporting to the Logistics Manager, your duties will include loading and unloading of materials, providing assistance to production managers, yard and stores staff, and ensuring the facility is clean and safe.
As part of your role, you will:
- Operate a large forklift and manoeuvre products for transport or relocation within the site
- Perform material deliveries and supplier pickups as required
- Ensure all loads are restrained correctly, all vehicles are road worthy, and report all maintenance and defects immediately
- General forklift and yard hand duties, including removal of strapping, packing and rubbish, excess gluts and other materials to maintain yard/work areas
- Prepare products for transport & offsite despatch, and install tarping and weatherproofing for transport as required
- Conduct daily pre-starts on equipment and machinery, keeping records maintained and arranging any repairs or maintenance
- Liaising with other staff in the yard, to ensure that paperwork is complete and sent to the appropriate department
- Collection of leftover materials from sites, and return of materials to stock
- Assisting in stores where required, including receipt of materials from suppliers i.e. unload materials, check off against delivery docket, mark up items to correct job number, allocate to holding area within Stores yard, customer Service (e.g. queries from contractors, yard staff, suppliers/delivery drivers)
- Comply with all company and industry health, safety, environment, and quality procedures
As an ideal candidate for this role, you will have:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a similar role, with experience driving HC vehicles
- A current high-risk forklift licence
- Valid construction (white) card
- Current Australian HC driver’s license
- Knowledge of Sydney Metro areas and surrounds predominantly, with Country NSW knowledge desirable
- Understanding of RMS regulations regarding oversized loads and restrictions, and a focus on safety
- Understanding of weight, height and load length restrictions
- Building or manufacturing industry experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, as part of a team or independently
- Comfortable working in a robust and fast paced environment
Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to send an application. If you require any further information please call John Hallatt on 02 9421 5900
Should you experience any difficulty with applying please email us at email@example.com or alternatively visit our website www.talentfocus.com.au
Talent Focus is committed to EEO, WHS, Ethical Practices and the principles of cultural diversity in the workplace.