Sydney | Permanent / Full Time
Leading hand required within the Production and Despatch department of a successful and fast paced production company based in the Windsor area.
This successful and profitable organisation are a market leader in their field.
A role now exists for a Leading Hand in the production and despatch team who will be responsible for managing the site planning requirements including production / despatch planning and execution. To be successful in this role you will possess strong analytical skills, along with experience in production planning in order to ensure the necessary levels of output are being met to fulfil the needs of their customers.
The role is primarily administrative based. The successful candidate must have experience using SAP and Excel in order to obtain the relevant data to effectively plan production in accordance with day to day changes in business levels, as well as ensuring that the products are despatched in timely and efficient manner. At times the role can also be more hands on, so the candidate may be required to operate various production lines and undertake forklift duties.
The working hours are Monday to Friday. 7am-3.30pm. With overtime when required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Execution planning – Analyse data and plan production levels accordingly.
- Generate stock transfers and purchase orders for materials and finished goods.
- Manage the despatch of finished goods.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, production team, suppliers and customers to ensure supply plans are aligned.
- Drive continuous improvement on safety, yard maintenance and stock rotation..
Applications are invited from candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Previous production experience of a few years with small to medium sized business.
- Previous despatch experience of a few years with small to medium sized business.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Hands on experience and usage of SAP is essential
- High Attention to detail when managing through others.
- Analytics and evaluation skills to convert data to key business decisions.
- Must have Advanced Excel skills.
- A current forklift licence.
- Proactive approach in seeking solutions to problems and ambiguity.
- Self-motivated and confident to deal with a wide range of stakeholders on a daily basis and build strong business relationships.
- Experience with manufacturing sites , co-packers / inventory management – understands MRP / demand management / S&OP / NPD.
In return you will have an excellent opportunity to work with a dynamic and committed team, a stable and profitable business with the opportunity to make a real contribution to success of the organisation that is growing year on year. If you require any further information please call John Hallatt on 02 9421 5900. Should you experience any difficulty with applying please email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org