Sydney | Permanent / Full Time
Talent Focus are looking to recruit workshop based Fitters / Service Technicians for our client based in Smithfield.
Our client is a part of a leading global technology group who provide equipment and services across a broad range of heavy industry sectors including Rail, Mining, Marine, Transport & Power, Oil and Gas. Recognised for their innovation and leading edge technologies they operate in over 60 countries.
Due to current growth and demand for the world class services, opportunities exist for experienced, professional and versatile Mechanical Fitters within their Smithfield based state-of-the-art workshop facility.
- Reviews work orders and/or blueprints, sketches and diagrams, to determine work required.
- Disassemble and assemble components.
- Inspect and measure components with precision tools and instruments to ensure they are within specifications (micrometers, calipers, depth gauges)
- Cleans parts with solvents, steam cleaner, hot tank, sand blaster and/or caustic soda.
- Prime or paints parts by hand or with spray gun.
- Set up and balance rolls to required tolerances established by work order, supervisor and/or engineer.
- Make balancing decisions on rolls, based on experience and available information.
- Complete inspection forms and reports accurately.
- Look for improvements in process, implement lean manufacturing principles, and provide information to supervisor for implementation.
- Clean work area and maintain equipment during shift.
- Relevant Australian Trade Qualifications
- Strong background working in heavy industrial environments
- Strong experience working with hydraulics / pneumatics.
- Must demonstrate ability to read and understand blueprints, sketches and work orders and mechanical abilities
- Must demonstrate ability to assemble and disassemble rolls, parts, and machine components.
- Operate small machine tools.
- Deadlines/shift work/flexibility: Meet production deadlines
- Flexibility required in job duties and hours.
- Exercises high level of judgement for safety awareness and response to emergencies and urgent job demands.
- Safety equipment required: Use prescribed safety procedures and equipment per specific job requirements. Employer will provide protective clothing required to be worn on the job.
These roles will provide:
- Highly competitive rates of pay
- Flexible working conditions
- Zero Harm policy
- A company who treats their employees with respect and appreciation
- An abundance of overtime if wanted
- Interesting and varied work
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and would like be involved with an exciting and successful company then please submit your application today.
Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to send an application or call John on 0294215900 to discuss further.
Should you experience any difficulty with applying please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively visit our website www.talentfocus.com.au
Talent Focus is committed to EEO, WHS, Ethical Practices and the principles of cultural diversity in the workplace.