Sydney | Permanent / Full Time
Strong snr Food Technologist, experience in NPD pipeline build, documentation compliance, manufacturing trial to product commercialization.
- Responsible for product development & applications technology across all major End Use Market, customers and channels.
- To manage and deliver the execution of active projects to meet the strategy and growth targets.
- Responsible for product development from initiation to launch. Interacts with process engineers, sales staff, marketing and End Use Market team, suppliers, manufacturing, customers, packaging and marketing specialists to resolve problems.
- Play a key role as Technical lead for key accounts, and remain as the main contact to drive customer intimacy.
- Use sound commercial and technical awareness of our ingredients, processes and customer requirements to deliver `right first time’.
- Clear understanding of how to design safety and stability into a wide range of refrigerated and ambient stable products.
- Combining a clear understanding of customer needs and technical expertise in order to formulate innovation initiatives.
- Champion innovation within the portfolio, in anticipation of our customers’ requirements.
- Evaluating the existing product portfolio; determine where enhancements may be made to create best-in-category products
- Work closely with the Supply Chain / Operations function to support:
- Process improvements in the plants.
- Trouble – shooting in process.
- Business continuity.
- Regulatory support for registrations of plants and inspections as needed.
- Productivity and cost improvement
- Help drive the business through active participation and contribution to Innovation leadership team.
Build and develop the Innovation documentation compliance and systems. Instill a high-performance culture across the Innovation function through leadership by example.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelors/Master in Food Technology, Food Engineering, Chemistry, Food Science
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Cereals, Snacks, Bakery or Confectionery.
- Excellent understanding of thermal [ hot and cold ] processing and filling (packaging) methods.
- Experience dealing with markets in Food Service, Retail or QSR market in Australia is highly desirable.
- Experience in managing both internal and external relationships – Commercial/Sales team, General Management, Customers.
Should this role attract your interest, please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Stephen Ibbotson on + 61 2 9421 5900.