Sydney | Permanent / Full Time
Talent Focus are looking to recruit an experienced Welding Supervisor for their client based on Garden Island Naval Base in Sydney
Talent Focus is working in partnership with a leading engineering company who have established themselves as a key provider of engineering solutions for premium Defence industry projects. Established over 25 years ago, this privately-owned company aims to deliver the best possible solutions for their clients engineering and project needs and regularly undertakes projects that operate with sophisticated QA requirements.
Due to recently winning more work, this company seeks to engage a Welding Supervisor at the Garden Island Naval Base in Sydney.
This role will see the successful applicant working alongside an established team of professional tradespeople, and assist with planning and preparation of scheduled repair and maintenance work on naval vessels.
To be considered for this challenging but rewarding role, you must have a true passion for welding and possess the following:
- Ability to interpret job lists and implement procedures needed to ensure delivery of service, inclusive of materials and manpower.
- Ability to interpret various welding acceptance criteria eg AS, ASME, ISO.
- Conduct inspection of weld preparation.
- Conduct inspection of completed jobs.
- Experience in leading a team of boilermakers/welders (up to 10).
- Must be safety conscious & the ability to promote a safe working environment.
- Ability to write technical reports, e.g. visual inspection.
Ideal applicants will also possess:
- Qualified Welding Supervisor – IWS or AS 1796 Cert 10 (mandatory).
- Strong computer skills are essential- email, word, excel etc.
- Must be well organised & show effective time management skills.
- Knowledge of ISO 3834 standards would be an advantage.
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role.
- Current Federal Police Check (or willingness to obtain).
- OH&S Whitecard (essential).
- Tickets in confined space / Safe working at heights / EWP (Ideal).
These roles will see the successful applicants working Dayshift hours between 7am and 5pm Monday to Friday and potential for regular daily overtime. Remuneration is by way of highly competitive hourly rates of pay and all successful applicants will undergo extensive inductions prior to and on commencement.
Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to send an application. If you require any further information please call John Hallatt on 02 9421 5900
Should you experience any difficulty with applying please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively visit our website www.talentfocus.com.au
Talent Focus is committed to EEO, WHS, Ethical Practices and the principles of cultural diversity in the workplace.