Sydney | Contract or Temp
Talent Focus is currently recruiting for a competent Mechanical Fitter for a long term role within the Marine industry.
Our client is a leading mechanical contractor within the defence space based in Eastern Suburbs of Sydney. They are currently seeking a competent Mechanical Fitter for their maintenance team to assist in the upcoming works on Garden Island.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the assembly of units to drawings and specifications supplied.
- Take direction from and report to Manager regarding work tasks.
- Monitor progress of assembly against required delivery dates.
- Responsible for the maintenance of equipment in accordance with QA standards.
- Working with heavy industrial pumps and motors.
To succeed in this position, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Trade recognition (Fitter and Turner)
- Marine background is highly desirable
- Good fault finding ability and diagnosis
- Ability to work onsite and within a workshop environment
- Team player with good verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow written standard operating procedures
- Have a great work ethic with reliability and commitment
- Must be able to pass a police check for site security clearance
In return for your hard work, you will get to work for a company which values its employees. Hourly rates exceed the award, there are regular opportunities for overtime.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful within the role, please follow the prompts and click the ‘APPLY’ button below or alternatively send through an up to date resume to email@example.com
Trades – Talent Focus